Friday, April 17, 2020

MY BOAT I'M MAKING





This is the boat I'm making. I got the idea to make this from a book that I'm reading. It is The Famous Five, Five On Treasurer Island. One of the characters was whittling a boat, since I have a pocket knife I thought it was a good idea to make one over the lock down to keep me busy.
I went out to see Dad because I wanted to carve a boat with my knife. I thought I would ask Dad for some wood to carve. He said I should have a look in the wood shed (we have lots of bits of cut up wood in there). I looked in and found the perfect piece of wood. It was a little bit big. So first I drew the shape of my boat, then I got a hand saw and sawed it off around the boat.

I have been working on it each day and it is really starting to look like a boat. It is a really fun activity to do in this lock down. Still I don't like not being allowed to play with my friends.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You look to be doing an amazing job. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    I loved reading the Famous Five books when I was your age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack,
    Cool idea. I like how you shared the who, what, when, why, & how, of your boatbuilding project.
    We would love to see your lunch, I mean launch. Ha ah well. Wouldn't mind seeing your lunch either.
    Since you're into cooking. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.